Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bon Appetit!

Dear husband and I went to see "Julie and Julia" today. What a wonderful movie... though he did label it as a chick flick and rightly so, only violence in the movie was the Julia skit from Saturday Night Live and the boiling of a lobster.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/3523/saturday-night-live-the-french-chef

I think Meryl Streep played Julia Child better than Julia Child. She makes you want to go home and debone a duck or do something in the kitchen that you haven't done before.

Julia Child found her place in food history through a series of chance happenings. Though all tied together by food, we should be thankful.

Julia and her husband had a wonderful marriage and it is summed up by his toast to her, "You are the butter to my bread and the breath to my life."

Bon Appetit! Think I'll go find a duck.


1 comment:

Sara said...

I'll have to check this one out. And drag Adam along... he's been promising me dinner and a movie, but I didn't really want to see GI Joe, or even Harry Potter (I'll wait for the DVD on that one)... maybe it's time to cash in!
I love cooking and I love Meryl Streep.
SOLD!