Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tears

It doesn't take much to make me cry.  Keep thinking it will get better and I am sure it will, just hasn't happened yet.

It's little things that before would not have even brought on a sigh....now bring tears.  John's toothbrush, his sunglasses on the dash of the car, all seemingly insignificant before, but not now.

I was in Snow Hill yesterday when our friendly UPS man saw me.  He stopped and jumped out of the truck and came to greet me.  He gave me a hug, said he was so sorry and told me what a wonderful man John was.  Luckily, he was back in his brown truck and on to his next stop before he saw my tears.

PCQ

4 comments:

annie456 said...

I am sure there will be many things and many days that make you tearful and heart-broken. I truly can not imagine your hurt. No one could that hasn't been there. BUT, we do love you and will always be there to TRY to make it a little more bearable. Enjoyed our time at dinner last night. Hope you slept well!!

Stephanie Hale said...

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief. . . and unspeakable love.
- Washington Irving

Anonymous said...

In everything there is a season. A time to laugh and a time to weep.
Tears heal.
Willamina

Mindy Denton said...

Mrs. Pat, I am so sorry to hear about John. My prayers go out to you, Lauren, and Meredith. I cannot imagine the pain that you all are feeling but one thing is for sure I know that you are a great woman of faith and you know that God will not give you more than you can handle. I love you all and please give Lauren my love. I miss you all.