Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Johns Hopkins

During this journey, I have prayed the day would come that my cancer could be zapped, killed, removed, or just disappear.  Hopefully, if it is God's will, that day is here.  I will be having the first surgery this Friday at 12.  I couldn't pay all the money up front, so they are going to do part of it and wait till I can gather the rest of the money for the remaining surgery on Monday.  So, all you friends with fat pockets, send it on in.  Just kidding...

But...that is almost true. All of this is not for the faint of heart. Maybe I won't end up in the "poor house", as my daddy used to say.  But, the pockets will be a little lighter, and what choice do I have?  This is what I have been waiting for and now it is here.  Yes, there will be more collateral damage.  There's already been enough, and at times I have felt like my life was "death by a thousand cuts."  Every chemo and radiation treatment over the past 3 years took something away....but it also kept the cancer at bay.  No growth.  Didn't kill it, but it did not allow it to grow and spread.

So, after several prime pieces of the puzzle fell into place, I will have surgery at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore very soon.  And yes, it will be done by the very best.  The doctor even told me so.  "My team is number one in the United States", and with a smile added, "and most likely the world".  I like confidence, you know that.

Stay tuned.  This red wagon will be rolling  north up I-95 to find a gift I thought I would never receive.

Please say a prayer for all of us.  Every day is a blessing.

My love to you all....
PCQ


4 comments:

johnie carol said...

prayers will be going up every day

linda said...

You have an army of prayer warriors lifting you up in Raleigh.

Anonymous said...

You are in your Father's loving hands. Best of wishes. You are very brave.

Anne Wade Nimm said...

Praying for you everyday! Love you!