Thursday, December 23, 2010

An Annual Tradition

Don't remember the first year we decided to have a wreath party, but it sure was fun and it stuck.  We've been doing it ever since.  And this year was no exception.  I hesitated to have it, I was scheduled to have a chemo treatment that week and knew I would be too weak to do much prep work.  But, I kept thinking about John.  He would be really disappointed in me if I didn't keep it going.  So I did.

But not by myself.  A bunch of sweet elves rushed in and helped me get ready.  And what a day it was.  The great Snow Hill Christmas Parade and annual Wreath Party.


My friends gathered greens and got to work.  It was a wonderful day.



Great food!


Horseback riding!


And then it started snowing!  Caroline tried to catch a big flake on her tongue.



John always put a wreath on both ends of the horse barn for me.  My friends did it this year and I cried when they put them up.  It was always something John and I did together.  Amazing how little things that seem so insignificant at the time, become ever so special.

Merry Christmas
PCQ

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have wonderful friends.
Willamina

Anonymous said...

So wonderful to share your memories of John. Things about him I never got to see.

Gale

Stephanie Hale said...

Love your traditions...and your sharing.

annie456 said...

Keep those traditions going!! It will be a wonderful way to remember John in a special way