Thursday, September 9, 2010

Update on John

John and I have gotten several phone calls recently asking for an update on our health, so today I will get you caught up on John.

Sorry I have been so inconsistent with my posts, but John's hospital adventure drained me physically and emotionally.  It has taken time to get everything back in order after tossing it all in a (mental and physical) pile for later.  All things considered, I think we are doing pretty good.

Told John the other day, some people spend their money on golf or fishing, we spend ours on doctors' appointments and prescriptions.  And....thankful we are to have such good care.

John had a CT scan on Wednesday and will get the results from that next week.  His weekly blood check was good and as requested by all of you...we are getting a second opinion.  The name that surfaced from several people is actually in Chapel Hill at UNC.  We will let you know how that goes.

Radiation may be an option for John and he is being referred to the same doctor that helped me.  She will review his case and make a determination at that time.  Guess that will work well with the second opinion also.  So lots going on for him.  He is still weak but gaining strength everyday.  To have had major heart surgery just four weeks ago, and undergoing chemotherapy, I think he is doing fantastic!  But I didn't expect any less.  That's my John.

Wagon still rollin....

PCQ

4 comments:

Stephanie Hale said...

THANK YOU for posting this! Thinking of you both EVERY day. xoxo

annie456 said...

Thanks for letting all of us hear from you!! I know you just keep that wagon rolling--You are just the best!! Love to you both!

Willamina said...

Keep posting.
Willamna

Unknown said...

Pat, I think of you and John every day and have you in my prayers.
Judy O.