Monday, June 7, 2010

Fresh Flowers

Last week while dusting, I looked at an orchid my daughter had given me a while back and realized all the beautiful blooms on it would be gone soon.  It hit me, that I have been blessed with fresh flowers or a flowering plant brought by family or friends, in the house since I was first diagnosed last year in August.  As I picked a fading bloom off, I thought, it had to happen sometime, no flowers.

Please understand, I have gardenias and a snowball bush in full bloom right now and I certainly put them to good use.  But, the flowers I am talking about, were brought filled with love by friends and family.

As I finished a few chores around the house, the phone rang.  John answered it and was soon engaged in conversation with the caller.  All I heard him say before he hung up was, "Sure, come on over, we'll be here."



A few minutes later, my friend Kim arrived with husband Phil in tow.  And to add to the fun of having them drop in for a visit, Kim was carrying a huge bouquet of sunflowers.  And she got here before the last orchid bloom had fallen.

Thanks Kim, you didn't realize what great timing you had.  More fresh flowers filled with love from a kind and gentle friend.

PCQ

2 comments:

annie456 said...

Beautiful flowers!! I just love Sunflowers!! THey make you smile!!

Kimmy said...

Sunflowers are so happy! I saw that they were bloomin' and couldn't resist takin' you some sunshine. We had Disciple Bible Study last night. We met at Dorothy and Chet's. I took some sunflowers to grace the table. And, of course, left them with Dorothy for she and Chet to enjoy.
Last year, I took Shelia and Jennifer sunflowers on their birthdays.