Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Birthday

What a wonderful birthday I had!  My party-in-a-box friend, Kay, called a few weeks ago and said we needed to get together.  It had been a while since our last visit, so we starting planning.  Looked like the first opportunity would be.....my birthday weekend.  Kay told me to come on up so we started making plans.




Kay and Rosie coming to greet us.

John and I always have fun when we visit with Kay and Bill.  Little did I know all the fun things she had planned.  But she truly outdid herself this trip!

You can watch the video of my Happy Birthday song on youtube by clicking the link below.

Happy Birthday to ME!


My piano player.


He played a number of wonderful songs as dinner was being prepared.

Bill and John prepare steaks for dinner.

Steaks, soft shell crabs, baked potatoes, beets, squash, string beans......and....cake!

Little Rosie helps me blow out the candles on my cake.

 A wonderful birthday cake from a fine bakery in the area and it was delicious.

And did I forget, there were presents, lots of laughs, and fellowship with friends and neighbors.  The night was almost perfect...except for that little discussion about how well the BP oil spill was being handled.  But, after we settled that, all was well with the world.

Soon, it was time for my wagon to head back home.  Thank you Kay and Bill, for all you did to make me feel special and loved!

PCQ

        

2 comments:

lauren said...

Looks like fun was had by all. Thanks to Aunt Kay who can always make things fun and interesting! xoxo

annie456 said...

What a wonderful friend that Kay and Bill are to you and John. BUT- no doubt, she thinks you and John are just as wonderful!! Thank you, Kay, for giving Patsy a GREAT birthday!!