Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hey Y'All - What a Weekend!

Had a great girlfriend weekend over Memorial Day, but somehow, that just doesn't seem to say enough.  I'm lucky enough to be in an investment club with a wonderful group of women.  We meet six times a year, sometimes more, just because we want to.

When we started our club about 15 years ago, our first goal was to have fun and second to make money.   I think we have prioritized and achieved that first goal very well.

We use our dividends to pay for our "planning sessions", such as the one we had last weekend.  Wow, did we make some plans!



As you can see from the photo, we like to dress up and have fun.  We chuckled that we probably looked like we had escaped from some place that needed hired attendants to keep a watch over us.  So, we issued a "Silver Alert" on ourselves.  We were on the loose and stirring up the neighborhood.


Here we are doing a Chinese fire drill to get our luggage up the stairs.

Most of the group are retired now, from very respectable jobs they all like to say.  And that is true.  But more than that, we are all great friends.  Friends that trust and feel safe with each other, and care deeply about our friendship.  We never have any harsh words with one another and we laugh more than I can measure.  I think I laughed more this past weekend, than most people do in six months, and I really needed it.

When I read about how important it is to have good friends, I always think about my girls.  Every one of them, in their own way, adds a special spice and sparkle to our group.  Some cook, some like to clean, some bring toys, others like to play with the toys.  It just works.

So, after several days of fun, we said goodbye.  Back home to our wonderful husbands.....none of us has ever had more than one....and our separate lives.

We will go home with a boat load of great stories that we will tell and hope are as funny as it was when it happened, cause we love to share our tales of fun.

Thank you girlfriends for helping me have a wonderful time.  And don't forget, my wagon is ready to roll back down to the seashore anytime with you!

PCQ

2 comments:

annie456 said...

It was a great time- as always!! We have never had anything BUT a GREAT time!! All these years and all the adventures we have been on and,you are right, never a harsh word, and that is pretty incredible!! I think our group has such a special bond and I am soooo thankful for that too!! I know that I could call any of you, anytime, and all would be there in a skinny minute!! We are BLESSED to have each other!! Thinking of you tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great weekend. Sounds like so much fun because friends are what life is all about.
Hoping tommorrow is going to bring great news.