Thursday, April 21, 2011

Trip

After John passed away, it was my hope that my girls and I could go on a trip together.  Didn't really matter where, just get away and enjoy life.

Somewhere warm and sunny would be nice, but anywhere as long as we could be together as a family.  And that plan did come together.  A friend of a friend was going to the Bahamas and I thought it would be great to be somewhere there were people I know.  John was my rock so I never worried about what I would do if something went wrong.  But he is gone and now I must depend on my own strength.  Still, with all the obstacles I have in my life, I wanted to have assurance that if something happened, there would be people that could help.  And it worked out better than I could have ever imagined.

We went to the Atlantis in the Bahamas, a plethora of fun, sun, and food, where we were, thanks to the generosity of fine friends, treated like royalty.  There is no way I can ever thank everyone for the thoughtfulness and love given to me and my family.  Maybe the smiles will show it all.


Lauren and Jake 


Lauren, dancer, me, and Meredith


Meredith, Lauren, Lee, and Mary


Meredith, me, Lauren and Jake 



Sunset at the One and Only Ocean Club


If you like pina coladas.....a toast at sunset.


Dinner at the Bahamian in Atlantis.


View from my room at the Atlantis Imperial Towers!

Hope you can see from the photos, a great time was had by all.  I must say, it is so much easier to pull your wagon when you start the day with a massage, have a cabana boy to serve you on the beach, and are surrounded by family and wonderful friends in a place that can only be described as magical!

PCQ


No comments: