Saturday, April 23, 2011

What a Week!



I had to hit the ground running when I got back.  Toto, we're not in Kansas any more.  Thankfully, by the time I got home the electricity came on and of course, that made life better.  Friends tried to get me to stay with them, but how can you do that when you want to be home.  Scuffed up and damaged, home is still the place that gives comfort.  Guess that is why it hurts my heart so much to see all the destruction around me.  So many homes and lives transformed by those few minutes last Saturday.

This past week has gone by so fast.  Jumping from one task to another, trying to manage all the help and offers has been a challenge, especially when I am limited in what I can do.

So many people calling, stopping by, all worried about me and my home.  Many of them found it amusing that I was ever so happy.  "She's tickled to death," one of them said as he spoke with his wife by phone.  And I am, can't believe my house is still here.  It has every right to be gone, but it isn't.  John always said he put enough nails in this house, if it went, then we would have more issues to worry about than this house.  He was right.  And when people come by to assess damage, one of the statements they make is, "John built you a good house."  Yes he did.  It's scuffed up pretty bad, but we're still standing.

PCQ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your theme song "I'm still standing"

Willamina

Stephanie Hale said...

BA said the same thing as well, that John purposely oriented the house so that the stand of trees would help protect your house if a bad storm came from the south. So nice to know that his love and protection for you is still living on, quite literally.