Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sandy Beaches


Sandy beaches in Cancun

Amazing how music can bring out so many emotions.  I was driving John's truck Sunday to check on some things at the farm and had the radio on listening to beach music.  Delbert McClinton came on singing, Sandy Beaches, and the tears rolled down my cheeks.

It brought back the best of memories.  Several years ago, John found out he had a business meeting he was to attend in Cancun, Mexico.  I didn't know about the trip, but when I came home from work that day, he pushed "play" and Delbert McClinton started singing.

(you can click on the link below to hear the song)

Delbert McClinton singing Sandy Beaches

John grabbed me around the waist and in a semi dance move, began singing along with Delbert, "Now look here honey, got all this money, let's me and you go....down to Mexico........"

Of course, I was thrilled and we had an awesome time.  But today, when I heard the first few bars of the song, my mind flashed back to that day and made me realize how much I still miss him.


Happy times.....
PCQ


No comments: