Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Next Pull on the Wagon

Took all morning just like they said. Most of the time spent was just getting me in the system, filling out paperwork that I have done over and over, getting another CT scan which is different from the previous one, getting me "marked" and set up for the actual treatment. Met with the nutritionist because the growth is so near my intestines I will probably have many problems with digestion etc. The farther I go down this road the more frightening it gets. Not a lot of happy people waiting there this morning for their treatment. I saw them looking at me like the new kid in school.

I really like Dr. Ballenger, she seems very competent and thorough. She attended NC State (we did a wolf howl together) then UNC medical school, and then on to Duke. She's also left handed which makes John happy....says left handed folks (which he is one) are either really smart or really stupid. Most of the time you can tell right away, thankfully!

She said I may have to go to UNC-CH for some of this due to location near the nerve. They have more resources there just in case. We will see.

No comments: