Saturday, September 12, 2009

Trouble in Paradise

Been having some medical problems and much pain since mid July.

Dr says I have a growth near my sacrum bone (bone at the bottom of pelvis) pressing on my sciatica nerve. Growth appears to be about the size of the mouse you use with the computer. That is what is causing the pain. The MRI and CT scan didn't show anything else in other organs, only the one spot.... so that is very good. I had a PET scan Sept. 2nd, at PCMH. This scan will overlay the images from the x-rays, MRI and CT scans and bring it into better focus. I had an ultrasound guided (outpatient) biopsy today, Sept. 11. The biopsy will tell us what we are dealing with and how it must be treated. Dr. Robertson (Gastro dr) did a flexible sigmoidoscopy on Friday, Aug. 28th and that was clear, meaning no growth from the colon surgery I had 5 years ago. We keep narrowing down the list of nasty suspects. Dr has restricted me from work because the meds he is giving for the pain are very strong and therefore, I cannot drive/operate heavy machinery/or make big decisions when taking them and it made me want to tell customers what they could do with their loans!

I must have surgery to remove the growth, just don't know whether I will need radiation first to reduce the size. All of that will be determined after the results from the biopsy are completed.

I know this is a lot of information, that is why I thought it better to put it on my blog for you.

I am doing okay, just tired, and very worried. Can't sleep well at night because of the darn pain. I have a semi circular area with no feeling inside and down my right inside leg from the pressure on the nerve. Even with the "no feeling" it still HURTS from the pelvic bone down the leg with sharp pains, tingling and a very hard dull pain and can't sit on that side, so I am always leaning left like a NASCAR driver.

As hard as it will be for some of you to imagine...John has been a saint, taking me to all of my appts, cooking and getting groceries doing anything I need or ask. And always with a smile!

My past few weeks have been a blur, between all the doctors' appts., meds and tests. Trying to keep a very positive attitude and not fight any "monsters" until I know what and who they are!! Not anything anyone can do right now other than pray (especially for John)! Hopefully, we can get the treatment plan in place after the results from the biopsy are in. I will keep you updated.

Life is short...paddle faster.

No comments: