Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I See You

We went to see the new movie, Avatar, last night.  I really liked it and must say it is one of the few movies I would go back to see, just for the visual effects. If you go please see the 3D version and pay the extra $3.50, you will not be disappointed.  Avatar probably puts you as close as you will ever come to visiting an alien world. The beautiful scenery and exotic creatures, and really tall incredibly lifelike 'people' of Pandora will have you engaged visually, and for me, emotionally. 


The love story is fairly predictable and the bad guys are easily disliked. You will find yourself pulling for the underdogs and hoping their world will live on.


This is a truly unique film visually and I understand it is one of the most expensive films ever produced.  They wanted to produce it 10 years ago but the technology was not advanced enough to move forward.  I am glad it was done now.  


I would say it is a mix of "pick a war and insert here", tree huggers, Trail of Tears, and sprinkle in a large helping of Disney-like effects and you have a wonderful movie.  It is nearly 3 hours long, but I didn't get bored or check the time. 


Caution!  Make sure you go to the bathroom before going to see the movie if you plan to eat popcorn and drink large quantities of beverage.  Just about the time you think you must get up for a break, an exciting fight starts and you will not want to leave your seat and miss a single special effect.


Go see it and leave the real world behind for a bit. (And BTW, "I see you," is a very sweet quote from the movie.)


PCQ

4 comments:

linda said...

It's on my list. Thanks for the recommendation.

annie456 said...

Rich really wants to see it but I am so bad about NOT wanting to see movies that are at all scarey or bizarre. Would I be okay??? I do love 3-D movies!!

PORKCHOPQUEEN said...

GO SEE IT! Awesome movie and not scary at all. Put on your big girl pants.

Kimmy said...

I didn't want to leave the theatre. I wanted to sit right there and watch it again! The special effects were amazing. Don't you just love the imagination!