Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Simply Good!




My taste is finally coming back from the chemotherapy treatments and that is a good thing.  During the holidays, when I cooked, I would always have someone taste the food along with me just to make sure it was seasoned right.  I didn't trust my taste buds.  Christmas is always a time for special food and drink and I sure missed smelling and tasting all of my favorites.

Guess that's why I have enjoyed Simply Apple so much.  Hate to say it, but I succumbed to their advertising and bought a jug.  I will preface this and say, I am not a real apple juice person.  I like apples and applesauce, but apple juice?  No, I prefer orange juice.

But that was before I tasted the Simply Apple.  It is so good, when I drink it, I only take a little sip and taste every little bit.  Has the flavor of Honey Crisp apples and if you've had one of those pricey but tasty apples, then you know what is dancing around on my tongue causing such delight.

Ahhh...certainly enjoy having my taste buds back from their chemo retreat and I guess that temporary absence just makes everything taste better.

And as they say, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away!"  Let's hope so, and Simply Apple sure makes it taste simply good.

And no, I don't own any stock in this company, but may look into it!

PCQ

3 comments:

lauren said...

making my mouth water! I was sick over the weekend and made some fresh squeezed orange juice Monday morning. . .from oranges grandma gave me. Was delicious!

annie456 said...

Well, sometimes, it is Simply the simple things in life that are so grand!!!

Anonymous said...

Deanna recently introduced me to honey crisp apples.Tonight I was telling her about your blog re the apple juice. She said she'd like to taste it sometime so I hurried off to Food Lion and bought it (it was on sale!) We both tasted it and said a toast to you and your health. It really is quite delicious. Susan H