Monday, January 18, 2010

Pound Cake




Had a wonderful visit on Friday.  Jake, Kelly, and Norma came from work to bring lunch and visit the sick and shut in (that would be me).  But what a surprise, they not only brought lunch and flowers, they also brought a meal for us to have later... salad with all the fixins, lasagna with Italian bread, green beans, tea.....and yes, a pound cake.  And it wasn't just a pound cake, it was a darn good "Grandma style" pound cake.  And you can take it from me, I've had pound cakes cooked by some of the best.  Thanks Kelly!

The extra food could not have come at a better time.  During the previous night, John had run a high fever and had congestion with lots of coughing.  He didn't sleep well and was feeling like a sick puppy.  Didn't know if he was contagious and thankfully he wasn't.  The doctor prescribed meds for him that have certainly helped.  

John has been my "cook" helping me in any way he can since I have been sick.  Of course, he likes to cook, but even those of us that like to cook, are very thankful for occasional time off, especially when we don't feel well.

How blessed I have been to have such fine people at work to care enough to take time to visit and bring all the wonderful food and love.  Makes life pulling this wagon so much better.

PCQ

No comments: