Sunday, January 10, 2010

Yellow Roses


What a wonderful day.  Had friends to visit, just so they could 'look at me' and make sure I was okay.  We shared a cup of hot apple cider and had a great catch up on the years that have passed since we last talked.

Their children are grown now and both doing well.   They visit their place at the lake as often as they can.  The quiet there suits them just fine.

Penny and David have a long history with us.  David was one of John's roommates back when we ate Hamburger Helper without the hamburger at NC State.  Times that were lean financially, but rich in memories.  We have stayed in touch, but not as close as we should have been.  Sometimes, there are bonds that time and distance just can't erase.  David and Penny fit in that group.

We talked and laughed about all the times we had way back when.  Life is good for them.  And you know, it is good for me too.  Having people like David and Penny give their time and love....and they brought a beautiful bouquet of yellow roses for my wagon, means more than I can say.



Love you...and thanks for caring about me.

PCQ

3 comments:

annie456 said...

Beautiful roses!! There is just nothing like a wonderful visit from good friends!!Friendship is one of the sweetest joys we have in this life!!! Aren't we just so thankful everyday for all our good friends??? Rest well tonight, my dear friend!!

PORKCHOPQUEEN said...

Thanks Annie...when do you leave with your buddies?

linda said...

I know you enjoyed Penny and David's visit. They are good people. I haven't seen them in forever.