Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Music

We've had several wind storms recently and that produces a lot of tree limbs.  I try to walk around the yard to pick them up but sometimes they are too big for me to pull to our little fire pit.  John decided it was time to do a burn yesterday.  Any outdoor fire is always a fun event for me.  Something about fire, leaves, cold air and a rake that brings back good memories from my childhood.





I sat outside for a bit with the Christmas tree lights and wreath in the background enjoying the warmth from the fire.  It was nice.

But soon it was time for church.  We were hosting the Sanctuary Hand Bells from Kinston, NC, Gordon Street Christian Church.  Couldn't miss that!  John and I quickly changed and got ready for Christmas music.



We have a beautiful church sanctuary and the bell ringers were grand.  But two rows in front of me was a lady that looked from behind, like my dear friend, Jean Cox, that passed away last year from cancer.  Her hair, her glasses, her shoulders, her mannerisms, even the way her black hair had a little piece on top that stuck up just like Jean's...all made me feel as if my friend was right there in front of me, just waiting for the concert to be over and we would visit.  But I knew that wouldn't be.  So, I decided, she was my angel for the night.  An angel sent to remind me of the season and our love for one another.  A tear rolled down my cheek as I thought about how much I miss my dear friend, how much joy she had given me.  There she was and I could almost reach out and touch her.  It wasn't Jean, but Jean was there, listening to the music with me.

PCQ

1 comment:

annie456 said...

I do believe in Angels and I know our sweet,sweet Jean is with us so many times. At this time of year, I always feel so fortunate for having my friends. Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. Merry Christmas, my friend!!