Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's Christmas - Wreath Party - No Parade - Go ECU








At this time of year, angels are really busy, so sometimes God uses regular people.  Today, this was one of my angels!


Every year we have a wreath party on the first Saturday in December, that coincides with the Snow Hill Christmas Parade.  And what a wonderful parade it always is!  Down home floats made by  local churches, community groups, clowns are friends from right down the street, and all the fire engines, pretty girls, and old cars you can count!


The weather didn't cooperate this year and the parade was canceled, but maybe that was a good thing.  ECU was playing in the C-USA finals and I don't think I would have had the power to motivate all the ECU fans to leave such a spectacular game for the Snow Hill parade. There have been challenges in the past and we have made that hurdle.  But this time, it may have been a little too much.  


John and I always have a big Frazier fir and I had worked so hard on Friday to get the lights on ready for my friends to help me decorate on Saturday.  But, when I flipped on the lights Saturday morning, about half of them were not working!  GRRRrrr.. Oh no....and not enough time to take them off and get everything ready for all the people coming for the wreath party.



Thankfully, my best electrician angels came in first and helped me with the tree. God works His miracles in many ways!  The lights were fixed and ready in short order.  My frustration was erased, thanks to Bailey, an electrician, and Beth, his first class helper.  And they both seemed to enjoy the challenge, what sweethearts.





Wreath making, food munching, and ECU football watching went well. John had all the greenery and fixings anyone would need to get their house ready for the holidays.  Plastic was stretched around the porch to protect the wreath makers from wind and rain that was expected that day.  







Wreaths, (about 35 were made and carried away to Asheville, Raleigh, Norfolk, VA, Greenville, Winterville, Walstonburg, and of course Snow Hill) fellowship, food (Harold's great dip, lovingly made cheese straws, Joanie's wonderful chili, boiled shrimp, cookies, fruit, meatballs, dip, toasted pecans...and the list goes on!) and fun...more memories were made. Living and loving, it was all good.







Thanks to my friends for the wonderful food and support.  Special thanks to the "Merry Maids" that took over my kitchen and put away all the food and left everything sparkling and ready for Sunday!  What a blessing.  You ROCK around the Christmas tree!







Merry Christmas to all!


PCQ



2 comments:

annie456 said...

Looks like all had a wonderful time. I had so wanted to come over but the rainy parade and seeing grandbabies took top dollar. So good to see you Friday!! I did my soul good!!!!

lauren said...

looks like a good time was had by all. Now, can we install glass around that porch along with a coupla fire places so I can chill out there during the holiday?