Thursday, December 17, 2009

Visit

It's been a busy week and I am thankful for that.  Time marches slowly when you are facing major surgery in a few weeks.

On Tuesday, three of my managers from work came to visit me.  It was good to catch up on everything.  Plus, they brought me a beautiful rosemary bush and a Christmas card signed by all my buddies at work.  I really miss everyone and will be thankful when I am well and able to return to my job.

My being absent has placed a lot of extra duties on them and I am certainly sorry for that.  But, they told me everyone has stepped up and provided the leadership needed to keep our service level humming along and customers happy. That is a good thing!

Everyone seemed to enjoy being out in the country as they are all city folk.  They were fascinated by my chickens, intrigued by the bottle tree, and a little jealous of all the space we have out here with no neighbors nearby.  All things I take for granted but never the less appreciate.

But soon they had to leave and I was sorry to see them go.  It seems like another life for me at work, as I have been so focused on my situation.

Hopefully, I will be back at work soon....wishing I was at home.

PCQ

1 comment:

annie456 said...

ANd you will be back!! Don't think JQ will just sit back and let you retire!!!!!! Ha HA! He is a GEM, isn't he?? Do you have a date set for the big day yet?
Go to get the grands for cookie making at Grandma Annies' house. What a mess and what FUN!!!