Monday, December 14, 2009

Offer I Can't Refuse

Had an appointment today with the reconstructive surgeon. One remaining doctor seat open in my wagon and John and I got him on board today.  


Don't want to go into all he will be charged with doing during my surgery right now, but suffice it to say, he will play a very important part in pasting and putting me back together with the parts and pieces I have left.  We will worry about that tomorrow, as Scarlett O'Hara would say.


I was on the phone with my eighty-nine year old dear friend, Harold, tonight and I told him we went to see the reconstructive surgeon today.  He paused a moment and then said, "Now tell me exactly what he is going to do?"  At that point I told him the doc was going to put me back together and may have to rearrange some parts to do it.  Before I could finish, Harold said,"If there are any of my parts that you need, you are welcome to them, I hope you know that."


Now that is a dear friend....you can't ask for anything more.  Parts is parts, but Harold's parts are special!  Even if they are saturated in red wine and Carolina blue.


Thanks Harold, glad you are in my wagon too!
PCQ

1 comment:

annie456 said...

That Harold is a GEM!!!! Hang in there!! We are all ready to push that wagon!!