Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Big Day

Wednesday could prove to be a big day.  I have an appointment with Dr. Brillant,  the lead surgeon for my upcoming procedure.  On one hand I am hoping to get a date on the calendar so I can get my mind around the timeline for this.  But, on the other hand, given the complexity and serious risks involved with the surgery, I'm afraid too.

Right now, I have physical challenges, but I can handle them.  That may sound strange given the list of problems I have.  But...I don't know what the future holds and the doctors have not held back with their warnings and concerns about this surgery.

But I don't have a choice, the tumor is still lurking there on my sciatic nerve and spine, a parasite sucking its life blood from me.  Yes, it's been beaten down temporarily by the chemo and radiation treatments, but at some point just like me, the growth will recover from all it has endured the past two months, shake the dust off and start growing again.

Yes, tomorrow is a big day, but I'll keep pulling my wagon.

PCQ

2 comments:

annie456 said...

Well!!! A Champion is someone who gets up EVEN when she can't!!! YOU, my dear friend ARE a Champ!! NEVER, NEVER forget that!!!
I know that whatever tomorrow loads in your wagon, you will find a way to pull it with ease-even in mud!!!! We all love you and are praying soooo hard for a good day for you tomorrow!!

Stephanie Hale said...

Yes, what Annie said!! :) I really admire your positive attitude and tenacity, you are an inspiration to me. Looking forward to seeing you next month!