Friday, November 6, 2009

My Done Button Has Popped OUT!

Did I tell you today was my last day?  Wow, how glad to have finished this part of my journey.  Every single person I saw in the radiation office today, I yelled, "Today's my last day!  # 30!"

Just like a turkey at Thanksgiving....cooked....done....my button has popped out....take it out of the oven.  There was no tearful goodbye from me, though I will miss the people that work there.  They have been ever so kind and helpful during this process.






Here are some of the wonderful people that helped me through this by carefully placing me on the treatment table in the "DANGER - HIGH RADIATION" room.  They told me to be still and not move, then turned off the lights, locked the door and turned on the radiation blaster.  But they were very nice while doing it.

I took them a goody bag from the farm and a thank you card.

The card said, "Thank you for being so kind and supportive during this part of my cancer journey.  For all of us that are frightened and don't understand what is happening and how it will make us feel, you have made it easier when we stepped over and entered 'your world'.  


Thank you again for all you do to help people in need."


Of course, they all teared up when they read the note, but I was so excited...all I could think was, LAST DAY!

Did I tell you today was my last day!  Got my tattoos removed! Wow,  I still can't believe I am finished!  Now, if I can just get the healing button cranked up and going so my butt doesn't feel like I'm sitting on a blow torch and food looks and smells good again!  Everyone promises it will come.  And I promise, I will let you know when it does!

Time to park the wagon for a bit to rest and POWER UP!
PCQ


No comments: