Monday, November 16, 2009

PCQ Movie Review



Being at home has allowed me to catch up on my reading and movie watching.  My friend Kay was here last week and we decided to watch a movie.  It was cold, rainy and windy, so it seemed like a good idea.  Get out the fuzzy blankets, popcorn and relax.  We watched "The Proposal", and fixed our own popcorn.  So glad we didn't have to pay movie house prices for that flick, wasn't worth the time to drive to the theatre!


Sunday night, John and I watched "Bride Wars".  Basically, a chick flick but I enjoyed it.  John didn't. You would have thought I was poking a sharp stick in his eye the way he carried on.


"Nights in Rodanthe", was our next watch.  I enjoyed it, (John didn't) though it did take a bit to become in engaged with the characters. (Except for Richard Gere...enjoy watching him...he is almost as handsome as my husband!) Guess they finally got me engaged cause I did shed a few tears at the end.  Scenery of the NC coast was great and it was ironic that we watched the movie at the same time the house on the Outer Banks in Rodanthe used for the film was surrounded by an angry ocean and being ravaged by the nor' easter off our coast. 


DVR "Marley and Me" last night.  Hopefully, we can watch that soon.  I will probably get a kick out of another dog besides Nick that chewed his way to fame.  


Not many 'thumbs up' on the movies. Hollywood...are you listening? Maybe better luck next time.


PCQ

No comments: