Thursday, November 5, 2009

From the Peanut Gallery

ONLY ONE MORE DAY of POISON PILLS AND RADIATION!!!  
(Please know that I certainly appreciate the fact that these medical opportunities were available for me, but also realize I am thrilled that I have successfully pulled my wagon through this maze and mine field!) One foot in front of the other...and stay focused. 


Medical Update: I continue to feel better.  My white cell count is still down but I'm okay. I have worried about getting the flu and been vigilant about being ever so careful about washing my hands, etc.  Didn't need anything to keep me off schedule for finishing my treatments! 


One more day of radiation and chemotherapy and my body...I/me... can begin to repair the collateral damage done by the radiation.  My insides are so sore, my butt so burned, and it will be a relief when the healing can finally start and I can sit/stand/lay/walk, without so much pain.  


The following email came in from a dear friend in Virginia.  I got tired just reading it.


"You know I am always thinking about you and  how you are doing-  I keep up reading the blog although I don’t try to post - so does that make me a blog lurker?  When this is all over, I really think you should put your blogs into a book; your posts are wonderful! 


It has been wild the last couple of weeks. I went to Wisconsin for my great nephew's Bar Mitzvah -  many parties and much food.  My sister cooked dinner one night.  It was fantastic- 12 lbs of Italian sausages cut in half with peppers, onions and mushrooms, 40 chicken breasts wrapped in homemade pesto and baked in a marsala sauce, 10-15 pounds of meatballs in sauce, a caprese salad, two trays of antipasto, a tortellini salad, 10 pounds of Italian cookies, 40 cannolis, plus a chocolate fondue with trays of goodies to dunk.  There were probably 40+ family members to eat. There were cousins from Texas, Long Island, Tennessee, California and Illinois as well as local. Needless to say at the end of the evening there were only 6 cookies left.  There was the main party with a disc jockey and 3 assistants who kept the kids happy while the adults talked.  Of course, my two nieces and my sister’s friend and I were playing with the kids and led the kids in an amazing group dance to Proud Mary(amazing  because I did not fall off the stage). And so it goes.  Came home and worked 2 days and went off to a Convention where as past president I got to walk around and say things like "we did things better in MY day.” Then back here on Friday, hosted a workshop for a Women’s Caucus and then drove down to Greenville to spend night with Kathy which is always good. Saturday I picked up a friend who had surgery in Greenville and drove her home to Hertford.  Then back home and I collapsed.  You would almost think I had a social life.  


Now I am just working and catching up - especially with the important people -YOU.  My love to you and John. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.


I will finish with another email devotional sent to me.  The final segment was this:


"God always answers the prayers of His children - but His answer isn't always "Yes". Sometimes His answer is "No", or "Wait".


--Billy Graham







Thanks to all of of my friends that send encouragement to me each day.  You all make me try harder.  Try harder to be strong and brave....and not let you down.  I have so many people that think I am brave and I will do my best.









My love to you all....POWER UP!
PCQ


1 comment:

linda said...

I'm so happy that tomorrow is the last day. Thinking of you.