Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Feeling Better Now!

Didn't feel well today.  Not sure how much can be attributed to being sick and what part I can blame on the weather.  But my wagon's been going a little slow.

Had a little accident the other day and it has caused me to whine a little more than usual.  Went to get the trash out of the trash can in the pantry and when I was backing up, pulling on the garbage bag...it was very heavy,  and I backed right into the door.  Maybe "backed into" isn't the proper description, it was more like "crashed into" the door and KNOB.  And, you know right where it hit, Kaboom, the very spot where I have the growth at the base of my spine.  Oh man, it did really, really hurt!  Since then, I've had to do a little more to keep pain at bay.

Anyway, it was raining and cold today, the snow and ice still hanging around.  Since bumping my butt on the door, I have been even more worried about slipping on the ice and being jolted from another angle.  Amazing the thoughts you have when you are scheduled for major surgery.  No one ever wants to get hurt, but I have been being even more careful recently.  I don't need any more bumps on the road this wagon is traveling!

Just then, Nick starts barking and I look outside.  It's Kay and Phyllis, dear friends from my church family, smiling from ear to ear, and gingerly walking across the ice with an armload of food and flowers.

In they came with a wonderful Italian spread; fresh garden salad, a loaf of crusty bread, spaghetti sauce and pasta, homemade pie and a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  They even brought a loaf of cranberry orange walnut bread to have with my coffee tomorrow morning.



"We are not worthy!" I said, but in they came and spread it all out for our dinner tonight.  Sometimes you just don't know what to say other than "thank you".  We chatted for a bit and they prepared to leave.   "Everyone's signed up for a night to bring you food," Kay said.  "No, no, you can't do it now.  Wait till I have my surgery, that's when I will really need you."  "Oh we're going to do it then too," she said, "everyone's excited about helping you and we already have it all taken care of, so don't worry, just enjoy."

I guess you know at this point, I almost cried.  Sometimes we just don't feel worthy of all the love and attention we get.  I'm supposed to be the one doing things for others, not the other way around.  Did I tell you they had big smiles on their faces?

Soon they were out the door, sliding across the ice to their car and gone.  (Don't see how they both got in with those big angel wings:-)

John and I sat down and had a wonderful dinner together.  And you know, I am feeling much better now.

PCQ

5 comments:

annie456 said...

abbydog!Well, we all know what comes around , goes around. You-for years on end- have been such a wonderful friend to so many- now it comes around!! Those wagons are circling!! Power Up!!
Love ya!!

Mindy Denton said...

Mrs. Adams, I can't wait to get home everyday and read your blog. You are an incredible writer and you inspire me to no end! You are the same fun, loving, "Lauren's mom" that I have always known. I am certainly praying for you every step of the way!! Love ya, Mindy Kearney Denton

PORKCHOPQUEEN said...

Thanks Mindy, you have always been so very special to me. Love you....

fussell said...

Friend Girl! You do deserve! I'm lovin' you all the way from Duplin County!

annie456 said...

Loved your the picture you sent in to WITNTV!!