Sunday, February 28, 2010

Norma and Kelly

My friends from work, Norma and Kelly came to visit on Friday.  Again, they came with special gifts and food.  We enjoyed lunch and then sat down to catch up and spend a little time together.

They both brought gifts for me, too.  Not sure how I can be so blessed to be showered with so much love and attention.



Norma brought an autographed copy of The Frazzled Female, (30 days to finding God's peace in your daily chaos).   The book is by a speaker her church recently hosted and I could tell by her excitement, she really enjoyed what she heard that day.


Kelly brought a prayer shawl she made for me.  It was especially touching, as this was the first shawl she had made.  She is a member of the Greenville First Presbyterian Church Prayer Shawl Ministry, and she told me it was blessed during a service at her church.   I was moved to tears when I saw it and she told me how her family had watched her each day as she made the shawl.  I could tell in her voice how proud they were of her and what she was doing to help me.  It is beautiful, and my colors too.  I've already used it quite a bit in this continuing cold weather and I don't pick it up without thinking of the time and love in every stitch.

Staying warm in my wagon.
PCQ

1 comment:

annie456 said...

What a beautiful shawl. The colors just radiant the love that went into making it!! Hope your week starts off well and good news comes our way!!!