Thursday, February 18, 2010

Perfect Timing

Monday was a very stressful day as I related earlier on the blog.  What I didn't finish telling about that day, was the wonderful food that was delivered for dinner by Kim and Sheila.



They arrived promptly at 6 with smiles, flowers, and enough food for an army!  You know what they say, "Life's short, eat dessert first."  So John did exactly that with the lemon pie....still warm.


Homemade bread with specially made butter!




It was a wonderful dinner, and just what I needed after a long and stressful day.  Homemade vegetable soup, homemade sourdough bread, homemade pimento cheese, homemade lemon pie, homemade peach and mixed fruit cobbler....do you see a pattern here.  HOMEMADE!  Our wonderful visit with friends, beautiful potted plant, and did I say it was all delicious.  Just what I needed to distract me from the thoughts of the day and warm me up with love.

Thank you again Kim and Sheila.  It was a perfect meal for a weary day!

PCQ

No comments: