Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Super Bowl Party

Had a wonderful time during the Super Bowl this past weekend.  Just had too many places to go, but that is a good problem to have.  Since my Steelers weren't playing this year, I really didn't have a favorite team.  I'm so old, I still think the Colts belong in Baltimore, but I understand they have moved and Johnny Unitas is no longer the quarterback.

For several years, we have gone to George and Debbie's Super Bowl Party.  It is a meat lover's dream.  George had meat cooked about every way possible and it was grand.  My favorite were the 3 bite shrimp...that means they were so big, it took at least 3 bites to eat them.  Yummy.




As usual, all the girlfriends stayed inside, the men all congregated in the man cave building outside where they cooked and watched the game.  

Debbie's girls are grown and far away now.  So she pulled out the girls' old Cabbage Patch dolls for Caroline, the granddaughter of my friend Paula.  Caroline had a fine time with them, playing school.   She brought this doll to me because she was acting up and causing problems with the other dolls.  We had to put this baby in Time Out till she could behave properly.




As we were preparing to leave for a party in Walstonburg and another in Snow Hill (I'll talk about these later), I looked around and saw that Caroline had all of us holding a Cabbage Patch doll.  Couldn't let that pass without getting a photo.  Debbie, holding real baby, Sarah Ruth, is in the middle!




What fun we had.  Gracious hosts, wonderful friends, and fine food.  Doesn't get much better than that.

WHO DAT?
PCQ

2 comments:

annie456 said...

Glad to hear from you!! Sounds like Super Bowl was a blast!! Looking forward to seeing you next Wed. night at the RIVAH! No water in the Bay tonight though!!

linda said...

I still have several cabbage patch dolls of Jessica's. Although Alex took the boy one years ago. Sounds like a great time.