Friday, February 26, 2010

Leslie's Running with the Pig!




Leslie is the oldest daughter of Tony and my red headed (with blonde highlights) girlfriend, Watusi, a.k.a. Paula.  She has been a joy to anyone fortunate enough to have her in their life and I don't know if I have words to tell you how much I love her and how much richer she has made my life  A wonderful wife and mother, she is truly a gift to us all.  

Received an email from her a while back and she told me she was entered in the Crystal Coast 1/2 Marathon and wanted to run the race in honor of her Aunt Libby who has breast cancer and me. 

Of course I was thrilled she was thinking of me, who wouldn't be?  But I wanted more information on the race.  Here's what she said.

"I can't believe it is this week. I have been nervous about the training but it really has been fun and  I am so excited to be running for two very inspirational people. The race is called the Crystal Coast 1/2 marathon. I have been training with 5 girls from Greenville. There are six girls that I know running the 13 miles and a few extra supporters coming from my Bible study to run the 5K. One of the girls running is my age and is a cancer survivor, Allyson. I think I am going to wear a hummingbird pin for Libby. I have only run one 1/2 marathon in Myrtle Beach, SC in 2003. I ran that one in memory of Millie (her grandmother), Aunt Jean, and Aunt Nick. My time won't be impressive but my motivation is...... I ran 10 miles on Friday and 11 miles the Friday before, so i hope i am ready. We will go down to Sea Spray near Fort Macon and back over the bridge and finish on the Morehead City waterfront close to Beaufort."
Love you-
Leslie

She asked if I had anything I wanted her to wear during the race.  Didn't take me but just a second to say, "Yes!  You can wear my Tiffany Pig!" 

If you are new to my blog, you can look in the archives on the right (October 2009) and read about the birth of my pig.

My party in a box friend, Kay, got it for me in NYC in honor of the Porkchopqueen.  And though she put it in a Tiffany & Co. NY, box, it really didn't come from Tiffany's. But it did come from the streets of New York and I understand she was actually 'near' Tiffany's when she bought it, so that's why I call it my Tiffany pig.

Well, this little piggy is going to be in a race on Saturday(see map below) and I hope piggy squeals the whole race, encouraging Leslie to run with the wind.

Oink...oink!
PCQ



2 comments:

linda said...

Great Go Pig!!!!!!

annie456 said...

Go, Leslie, Go!! SHe is a fine young lady!!! I know that PIG is smiling today!!