Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chemo Pack Off

Got the chemo pack taken off today. Was not nearly as painful as it was to put it in, I am happy to say.  Getting it removed was certainly a welcomed event but I won't complain about having to carry it around and sleep with it for the past few days.  It is a much better option than having to be confined to a chair for long periods of time.

The pump was administering a small dose of the drug every 1 1/2 minutes and had to be consistently maintained for a certain number of hours.  So far, I think I have tolerated the drugs reasonably well, but time will tell.  Takes a while for the drugs to build up in my system.  Let's just hope this is doing exactly what we want it will do.  This will be a carefully waged war; to see what my body can take and what the cancer cannot.

Be strong!

PCQ

4 comments:

annie456 said...

To all those cancer cells--Get ready for SHOCK and ALL!! I do hope you continue to tolorate the treatment well! WE WILL BEAT THIS THING!!!!! I figure if it comes down to it, POETS will just buy stock in those BIG C Cells and that will BRING THE HOUSE DOWN!!!!

Unknown said...

mom, i just wanted you to know that i am am sitting up thinking and talking about you with christy, shes also dealing with another agonizing problem, alcoholism & her brother. Ashley my roommate, her mother phylis is now keping up with you daily, and i assume you may get some words from her at some point soon, i love you and im going to bed with you in my dreams, take care of daddy and my little man, ive showed a few people his little video. and im glad ur not having to sleep hooked up, get some rest, mer

Mark440 said...

Hi P-CHOP!!! glad you are doing better... keeping my eye on you here and on the A.C.S. web site!! remember you are not alone!!! we will do all 12 treatments together!! LIVESTRONG!! Mark

PORKCHOPQUEEN said...

Thanks Mark, you are the best for checking in on me. Feeling a little puny today, maybe it will be better tomorrow. Hope your treatment is going okay too. I will check with you on the other site. Party like a rock star....we will do it.