Friday, March 12, 2010

What a Place!


The day was filled from 9:30 - 4:45 with scans, pokes, prodding, pictures, counseling, x-rays, and signing lots and lots of papers.  I agreed to be in an upcoming Mayo research project.  Just maybe, my little bit of information will help someone in the future.  Pay forward, like all the people before me have done to make my chemo and other tests easier for me and others.  I will say, the Mayo Clinic has waiting down to a precise science and if they told you 2:00, then 2:00 it would be!  They even give you a little beeper so you can wander around and not worry about missing your call.

John with my beeper.

There was beautiful artwork everywhere and a grand piano too!  Here a lady is playing, "Moon River".



Dale Chihuly, one of America's most famous glass work artists, has installations in several places in the building.



An installation by one of America's most famous mobile artists, Alexander Calder titled, Fish.  And it was just hanging over the escalator!


It was a Rodin....but he was naked....
Don't look Ethel!




And everything was clean and ready to go!



Rochester is known for Canada geese and has artist decorated geese all around the city.  When we were waiting at the airport to leave on Thursday, a large flock flew by the window over the runway.  They had certainly been pretty downtown by the river, but with my flight getting ready to take off shortly, a big flock of geese was not a welcome sight.  

PCQ

No comments: