Monday, March 8, 2010

Not PCQ

Hello to all PCQ fans!

Pat has been suggesting that I write a blog entry from time to time, just so I know how to do it, so I start today. We all hope she has surgery soon, and when she does, she may not want this laptop on her lap, and she may not feel like typing, but she is adamant that her friends and supporters be updated on her status.

Long before she started this blog, she was a putting pen to paper.  When she was pregnant with our two daughters, she managed every night to make a few sentences noting the events and thoughts of the day. Now, two journals sit in our bank safety deposit box, each book denoting the months of pregnancy and first few months of life for each daughter.

In a bedroom dresser drawer are several steno tablets documenting road trips, vacations, beach time and other times of interest over the last 30+ years of our lives together. One can read great jokes, imagine a wave of laughter coming from the cottage front porch, have your mouth water from a grand meal with friends, smile at some of the kids antics, bring back a fun day on the beach and just re-live wonderful memories with our friends. ...........and those that know us know she has published her beach stories in hard back, and planning Volume II. 

My bride indicated last spring that she was starting a blog, just to record and document a funny joke, a delightful meal with friends, a road trip, or as the title says, what is happening around our farm or anything else she wants to write about. Little did we know how much she would have to write about our hopes and fears.

But this is the journey that we are on………..and my warmest thanks to all her cheerleaders, supporters, angels, fairies, family and friends, and oh yeah, all of you pushing and pulling on her wagon……..keep on keeping on, we are going to fix this!

PCQ II (in training)

7 comments:

FoFum said...

Sincerely sending good good good luck. Thinking of you all so often. Jane H.

annie456 said...

GREAT words JQ. As I have said before, you're pretty good with words too!! You both are in my prayers daily and I have the Washington Prayer Team praying too!! Keep the faith!

linda said...

Praying for both of you.
John, you did good.

Lynne Brown said...

So enjoy your blogs Patsy and now JOHN! Have been away for a while and just got caught up with the reading. Please know that you and John and family are in our thoughts and prayers each day. We know that wagon will be heading North soon and we will definitely help push it along!
Scooter and Lynne

shelly robinson said...

Thanks for keeping everyone up to date, John.
You and Pat are a great team.
Think of you often and praying for the very best.

Susasn Kearney said...

You are such a sweetheart, John. It is good to know Pat is in good hands. She has her soulmate that makes her experience a little easier (not saying it is easy - but easier - bless her heart). Your entry shows PCQ's style - straight from the heart.
Love, Susan

Willamina said...

I just learned of your return of cancer after your name was mentioned in Bible Study for prayer. I'm a 2 1/2 year survivor of breast cancer. I did the whole bit...chemo, radiation, and now lymphedema. A scripture verse that was of help to me ....you are inscribed in the palm of His hand. Isaiah 49:16. I hope this will be of comfort to you.
Also, I'm glad to know why I couldn't read before my PET scan although they had nothing to worry about the cells clustering in my head. Nothing sticks there!!! You're be in my prayers.
Willamina Sugg