Sunday, March 7, 2010

Friends Visit

Some of my buddies came to visit for lunch on Friday.  Joan and Charlie, Tony and Paula, were all going to the Keith LeClair Baseball Classic and wanted to visit before their games started that afternoon.


This is Paula, a.k.a. my red headed girlfriend Watusi (with blonde highlights).  She brought some of her wonderful brownies for me.


Tony is Watusi's husband.  Seems he's had so much going on with him recently, bad knee, heel hurting, etc., think we might just load him up and take him with us to the Mayo Clinic.

Joan, my other red headed girlfriend, was laughing and telling me to please not put on my blog what they brought for me to eat, because it could not compare to the ham Willa had just brought and some of those luscious pies she had read about.  And, she also said, the next time someone brings another good meal, to call her and she would come the very next day cause we can't possibly eat all the fine food that has been brought to us, and she would be glad to help.


Seems they think we may get cold when we make our trek to Minnesota so they brought gifts for us. My thermostat has been out of kilter since I had radiation and I do stay cold all the time, so that might be true. I told them I had just checked the weather, and it is actually warmer in Minnesota right now than it is in North Carolina!  Something is wrong with this picture.  But when we do make the trip, we will have "stuff" to help us stay warm.


John was excited with his gifts, too.  It was a fun time with my friends.  And nothing can beat warm clothes from great friends in a wagon that will be headed north soon.

PCQ

1 comment:

annie456 said...

Sounded like a B.O.A.T!!! What wonderful friends those sweet folks are to us all!!