Friday, March 26, 2010

I Love Spring



I love spring.  And it always amazes me how quickly it takes over the landscape.  This year, we seem to be about three weeks behind and I have missed those weeks.  Despite the predictable swings of wind, temperature, rain, and sunshine, spring just makes me feel good.  It gives promise that there are better days ahead.  Happy days are here again, isn't that what we all want?

Being the official turning point from winter to summer, with the sun passing over the equator, spring brings so many changes.  Just this morning, I look out and see the grass is greener than yesterday.  We had a little shower last night, and it seems to have plumped the grass right up, and unfortunately, the weeds too.

The birds are singing a different song, a spring song.  My sweet hummingbirds will be returning soon, spurred on by the gentle change of seasons.  The flowers are like a wave going across the yard, everyday something a little different and sometimes, more spectacular.

It is springtime, and I need it so much!

PCQ

2 comments:

Susan Kearney said...

Why don't you publish a book? You are such a good writer!

PORKCHOPQUEEN said...

Thanks Susan, you are so kind. I really, really, do need to write down a bunch of great stories that I have about family and friends. Think I'll do that!