Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's March

With March here, I keep hoping for a few signs of spring.  All the cold, wind, and rain, have certainly kept those little signs I look for hidden.  There's an area near the Contentnea Creek I drive by and at certain times of the day, when the sun is shining just right, you can see the tiny red tips of trees that are getting ready to pop out with new leaves.  I haven't seen them them this year.  But I'll keep looking.

The Olympics kept me mesmerized for the past few weeks and that was a good thing.  With so much on my mind, having an exciting race or competition on TV every day sure helped.  Watching the athletes continue to perform despite injuries, weather, loss of family, bad luck, and sometimes, just plain, poor advice, gave me strength.  Isn't that what we all have to deal with?  Sometimes, some of us have more than others, but if we are alive, we will deal with these things.  So, when I have one tiny thought of feeling sorry for myself, I stop and say, why not me.  I am pretty tough, just got to keep going.

Keep this wagon rolling.

PCQ

1 comment:

annie456 said...

Buddy Ebson said," That of all the elements that comprise a human being, the most important, the most essential, the one that will substain, transcend, OVERCOME and VANQUISH obstacles is SPIRIT!!!!
Pat Adams, you are so filled with SPIRIT!!! You keep on looking for those signs of Spring. The birds know it will be here soon. Just listen in the mornings! AND, you keep that wonderful SPIRIT of yours alive and shining!! Yeh! It's March! Good signs are in the air of Spring and other great things that are to come!!