Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend

John and I had a good weekend; a good regular, normal, weekend.  And for me, a normal weekend was fabulous!  Saturday, we managed to get several things done we seemed to keep putting on the 'back burner' and finally, just had to, as they say, 'Git r done.'   I will blame myself for the procrastination, sometimes I just don't feel like tackling a project that may take time and energy I often times don't have.  But, we pushed and now they are done.  But I paid for it later that day.  Couldn't find a place to stand, sit, or lay that gave me relief.  Physical comfort for me was not to be found.

John and I had invited our friends, Kathy and Lauri to have dinner with us.  We had missed them so. Thankfully, they were able to come and we had a fine time catching up with one another.  Don't know if I was very good company for them, but they sure were good for me.



Lauri brought a doll she made for me to have all of my friends 'tattoo' her with good wishes when they come to visit.  Unfortunately, my new pup, Holden, seemed to be unusually taken, by my doll, which we named, PQ (you can figure that one out.)  So, I will have to make sure she is out of his reach.

Along with the doll, they brought; flowers, wine, bread, strawberries, and lots of laughs.  It was such a good evening spent catching up on all things friends talk about.

Kathy has a new yellow lab pup, Callie, and she brought her along for a little socialization.  Our two pups, Holden and Nick, enjoyed their canine company too, and though we spent way too much time drying everyone off from their frolics in the pond, it was fun.

Dinner was wonderful.  A well cooked steak, homemade bread, (buttered and grilled by my best chef, John), oven roasted potatoes with onions and red/green/yellow peppers, delicately coated with herbs de provence and my best EVOO.

My days that are normal, have just been too far apart lately.  So, when they come, it makes normal move up to special.

PCQ

4 comments:

linda said...

Oh Man what a treat to have. Laurie and Kathy there. Wish I could have been there. Love to see Kathey's puppy.

annie456 said...

Sounded like a GREAT evening. Didn't know you had anew puppy. Pictures PLEASE.

Kimmy said...

Pat, I framed your lovely art (card). It now sits near my computer, enhancing my view!

Unknown said...

Hi P.

You have a lot of great friends because you have touched so many lives. We can only hope to give back half of what you have given to us. Prayer is powerful! I would like to ask everyone to say a prayer for you each night at 7pm. Let’s put some wind behind that red wagon.

Love, Pete & Sheila