Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Be Brave!




Each day I get wonderful inspirational cards, emails, letters, and phone calls and I continue to be very thankful for them.


"Be brave", has been written and said to me often.  Be brave.  I am not sure how brave I am.  Never really thought of myself as being brave.  I am more like, just get it done, suck it up, or don't really have any other choice.


But looking around the radiation waiting room this morning, it occurred to me...all of us sitting there, each with our own wagon to pull and waiting our turn...we do have to be brave.  Brave enough to walk into a room that is very dangerous from radiation, brave enough to expose our bodies, brave enough to trust the people that align us properly for treatment, brave enough to trust the doctor has the deadly beams focused on just the right place.  And brave enough to walk in alone.


This past summer at the beach, we all joked with one another about being scared.  "If you're scared, just say you're scared!" The retort was always, "I ain't scared....are you scared?" And then we would laugh.


Sometimes I am scared, very scared, but the constant reminders from all of you push me past the fear.


BE BRAVE!


PCQ

1 comment:

annie456 said...

YOU are a brave person!! I read your blogs and they are all lessons to me on Bravery, faith,love, and living life!!! Hope your "Collateral Damage" can be minimized soon!! YOU WILL WIN THIS BATTLE!