Friday, October 9, 2009

It's Friday

It's Friday, and as I write this, I have already had my radiation treatment, so no more radiation or poison pills till Monday! Yeah!

Got checked over by Dr. Ballanger, the radiologist, today after my treatment was complete. She says I have burn marks on my back and side from the treatments. I hadn't noticed it but she said we have to be careful and treat it because if we don't, I will notice it and that is what she wants to prevent. Once the skin get inflamed and I have treatment it will be very painful.

On a good note, I'm taking less pain medication than I was before. That is a good thing. The pain meds make me sleepy and foggy feeling, but when I have pain they are great. Also, I have noticed being able to put more weight on my right leg and not limping quite as much. Hopefully, that is from the treatments and means it is working! I had also lost 6 lbs. since last week. I told her I thought it was from either a stomach virus or the treatments affecting my intestines. And now we add the poison pills which cause problems too. But...we don't have to do either again till Monday.

My sleep has not been good and I can tell the radiation and poison pills have affected my energy level and caused fatigue. I have certainly been tired before, but this is different. It goes deep, to my bones. The chemo drugs just sap your strength. Doing normal things can be exhausting. I know that after a few days with no radiation or poison pills, it will start to get better. I will hopefully get more energy; I won't feel that total sense of exhaustion. I'll be able to function better. But right now, I'm just really tired.

I want to thank all of your for the kind words and inspiration. You all think that I am stronger than I really am and I appreciate that, but I don't have any choice but to face this head on.

A recent note from someone special said, "I'm storming the heavens with prayers for you!" Every time I read it....I get tears. What a blessing to have friends that care about me and pray daily that my life will be better. My love to you all and keep the prayers and good thoughts coming!

Think I'll take a nap.

PCQ


1 comment:

annie456 said...

You just hang in there!!! You can beat this thing "with a Stick" as our Ocracoke saying goes!! Hope to see you Tues. Thanks for your continued updates!! You are in my thoughts and prayers daily!!