Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween - Sweet Taters - Festivals!




The North Carolina Sweet Potato Festival is being held this weekend in Snow Hill....yes, in little ole Snow Hill.  Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate and there was rain part of the day.  All in all, it was still a fine festival and kudos to Misty and lots of others that work so hard to coordinate something this big.  


There were french fried sweet potatoes, sweet potato biscuits, sweet potato ice cream, sweet potato bread, sweet potato muffins, sweet potato pie...am I starting to sound like Forrest Gump yet?


John was working the Ham Produce - Yamco booth at the festival from 1-4 today and I went out to enjoy the time with him.  Lots of good food and good people.  Thanks Linda for the wonderful sweet potato pie you put in my wagon and sent home with me.  It was a left over from the Sweet Potato Pie eating contest.  But, guess it is not a left over now cause I just ate it.  My taste buds have been a little iffy since being on chemo, but they kicked into high gear for the tater pie.  It was delicious.


And of course, you can't have a festival without dressing up your taters! Awesome taters Adam.





Hope everyone has a safe Halloween Eve...here's the jack-o-lantern I carved when my friend, Linda Lucy came on Thursday.  Couldn't let the night go by without lighting it up.  Sure wish I could have stayed for all the beach music tonight but needed to get home.







PCQ

3 comments:

annie456 said...

Taters,Taters, everywhere!!! Did not know about this Festival. Go Snow Hill!! Glad you had fun and the tater pie made me get hungry for some too!!

linda said...

Glad you had fun. Makes me want to cook a tater pie.

Pittsburgh Web Design said...

Painting sweet potatoes is one thing, but I'll really be impressed when you carve one ;-)