Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wonderful Response!



Received the email below from one of my dear P.O.E.T.S. friends in response to my "Be Brave" post.  Thought you might get a lift from it.  


We ALL face daily challenges and her words brought tears to my eyes because my daddy and his brothers also served in WWII. But it also made me think about all the people who have gone before me being the medical guinea pigs to test radiation, chemo, and surgery so the road for me and my wagon is a lot smoother.  And those just like me that must get up and put one foot in front of the other and do what has to be done to try and rid ourselves of the cancer growing in our bodies.


Thanks Lynda...I'm still jumping!
PCQ



Ok, Girl...Listen Up. 

My Daddy once told me that the bravest men he knew were his paratrooper buddies in the 82nd Airborne during WWII ( the big one). Every single one of 'em were scared to death to jump out of the safety of that airplane into the dark of night and certain danger...but every single one of them did just that. Each had to make a personal decision in the quiet seizing of his own heart. Each jumped, multiple times, scared to death every single time. My Daddy was was one of those paratroopers- wounded twice, got a Purple Heart with Cluster. He knows first hand that bravery is not the absence of fear, but the conviction to act in spite of it!

It's okay to be scared. It's a normal response to an abnormal circumstance.

Keep jumping. You are a brave PCQ!

No comments: