Friday, October 30, 2009

Radiation Treatment #25 - Checked Off

Completed my 25th radiation and chemotherapy treatment today.  Was hoping to talk with the doctor about the scan I had on Tuesday but it didn't happen.  The technician I did talk with, told me the doctor could not give diagnosis on the scan as to whether the mass has decreased and it is hard to determine at this point because the growth will be impacted from the radiation for some time after the regime is completed.  She said only my oncologist could do that and the scan is used to make sure I was progressing as expected and for use in focus of the final 5 treatments.  Less collateral damage, though her words were, "we will narrow the cone of entry so less of your small intestines and other organs will be impacted."  Less collateral damage.  I can embrace that.  My insides feel like they have been under a rolling pin.  Even the slightest move hurts...even sitting still hurts.  It will ease a bit over the weekend with no treatment, but then comes Monday.  At least this will be my final week.



I really wanted to wear my clown costume but decided to wear my witch outfit to the radiation treatment today.  My clown costume requires major disrobing so the witch clothes won out.  Coming out of the treatment area into a crowded waiting room, I closed the door, looked at those waiting and said, "Be very careful when you go in there, I was young and beautiful when I came and look what happened."  They all laughed.


Happy Halloween!  Now where did I park my broom?


PCQ

1 comment:

annie456 said...

Think how many of those folks in the waiting room have told the story today about the "witch". You have such a wonderful sense of humor EVEN in the not the best times!!! I admire that so much about you!! You ALWAYS lift us up! Thank you! Hang in there for the weekend. Hope next week goes well for you. As always- you are in thoughts and prayers!!