Sunday, October 18, 2009

To My Dear Ones



The poem below arrived in my inbox from Tony Brown's sister, Libby, a few days ago and she has graciously given permission to share it with you.    Libby uses poetry as a release just as I do this blog.  I am thankful she shared this wonderful poem and hope you like it too...because it was written for people like YOU!


Libby signed off her email by saying:
"Your blog is a wonderful release. I have used poetry for mine. I'll attach one for you as I know that you are one of my dear ones, too. I totally relate to the response of your friends and family as I have experienced such incredible blessings, also. I figure as this old lady that used to care for me when I was little, Aunt Hattie,  used to say "Ya reaps what ya sews". Let the love flow - its the greatest comforter and perhaps healer, too.

Meanwhile, we are having a wonderful time in Baja at our new casa. We have 5 of us here now and another 10 arriving between today and the weekend, then another 2 next week. Busy making memories and LIVING in the present."



Sending a big loving hug to you,
Libby


Hope the poem touches you as it did me.


To My Dear Ones



You know who you are.
You are the ones
who hold me close
in your hearts,
whose tender hugs
transcend my fears
into the loving light
that builds my strength.


You are the ones
who help me find peace
in my war against a disease
that hides sheepishly
in my bones.


You are the ones
with whom I dance
and share the music and laughter
that fills my soul with joy.


Your acts of love and kindness
lift my spirit  to climb great heights,
mountains steep and fierce, yet tackled
with the unyielding support of camaraderie
infused with hope and passion.


When in the night I cannot sleep,
I invite you in.
Thoughts of you and memories I cherish
bring me comfort
and fill the darkest recesses
of my mind.


And as the mystery of this life unfolds
I journey forth with a lightness in my step,
and a smile upon my face,
as I am certain
I will never walk alone.


And so it is,
with gratitude and a humble heart
I say thank you,
my dear ones,
for being by my side.


Libby Whaley
February 2009


(Couldn't say it any better!)

PCQ

1 comment:

annie456 said...

What a wonderful poem. Thanks to Libby and you for sharing. It says so much about life no matter what we are dealing with day to day. Hang on in there--as always-- thinking of you daily!